The number of building fires are on the rise in Oman, and a house was reported to have caught on fire after an electrical short, in the Wilayat of Buraimi, today [Sunday, July 29].
No casualties were reported from the incident, the Public Authority for Civil Defence and Ambulance (PACDA) announced.
Firefighters managed to put out the fire before it could spread further.
PACDA’s statement online read: “Firefighter brigades at the civil defence and ambulance centre managed to extinguish a fire that broke out in a house in Hamasa area in the Wilayat of Buraimi without injuries.”
The authority called for the need to inspect and maintain electrical appliances and avoid the use of poor quality appliances.