From healthcare to beauty treatments, this evergreen perennial is a mighty healer that no household should be without. The Y beauty brigade checks it out!
The humble aloe vera plant needs no fanfare introduction. The world over, we find it displayed on beauty counters and bedside tables in the form of creams, gels, moisturizers, and more. But what are the benefits of using the plant in its natural form? Well, let us tell you – they’re tremendous.
– So long sunburn: The nutritional and moisturizing properties of aloe vera gel help with the healing of sunburns on the epithelial level of the skin, a layer of cells that covers the body. So, if you’ve caught a bit too many rays after a long day on the beach, apply fresh aloe vera gel straight from the plant to the affected areas to cool the burn.
– Keep your skin moisturized: Aloe vera keeps the skin well-hydrated and soft, making it a great natural moisturizer. It easily penetrates the epidermis when rubbed in and increases the pH balance of the skin. It’s not greasy either, making it a good option for those with oily skin. According to a 2006 study published in Skin Research and Technology, freeze-dried aloe vera extract is effective at improving skin hydration, possibly through a humectant mechanism. Therefore, it can be used in cosmetic products for the treatment of dry skin.
– Bye-bye no-sleep puffy eyes: Thanks to its natural nutrients, aloe vera is a perfect organic way to cure puffiness or dark circles. Whether you’re burning the midnight oil to finish that work presentation – or dancing the night away at a friend’s birthday party, you can turn to aloe vera to save you from looking tired and stressed the next day.
– Ageless beauty: If you’re one of those people who practically empty out their bank accounts on skin-care products to fight wrinkles – help is on-hand! Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants, beta carotene, and Vitamins C and E – all of which help improve the skin’s natural firmness and keep it hydrated. Reducing wrinkles and fine lines is simply an added bonus!
– Stop those spots: Aloe vera is a natural antibacterial agent that helps fight those bacteria responsible for acne outbreaks. It also stimulates the growth of new cells, has healing and anti-inflammatory properties, and helps the skin recover quickly and fight inflammation.