Melon listeria kills three in Australia

03 Mar 2018
POSTED BY Y Magazine

A third person has died in Australia after eating melon contaminated with listeria bacteria, the BBC reported on Saturday.



Fifteen elderly people have now been infected in the outbreak, which is being linked to a melon-grower in the state of New South Wales.

The first two fatalities were from New South Wales, and the third victim was in the state of Victoria.

The elderly, pregnant, and infants are being warned to avoid melon which has already been sliced.

The 15 diagnosed with the infection had all consumed rockmelon, also known as cantaloupe, before falling ill.

 


Share this

Public Reviews and Comments