Feeling young is a matter of heart, but looking young is a matter of skin that’s soft, glowing and wrinkle-free. Christine Karan shows you how to get baby soft skin with ingredients straight from your fridge.
Many of us (that includes me) may not know that the largest organ of our body is skin — all of 3.6kg wrapping our entire physical contour. It breathes, senses, filters and protects. And justifiably so, there are millions of products to enhance the beauty of our skin.
We have seen numerous trends over the years, from wavy eyebrows to Kim Kardashian-style contouring, glitter eyes and show-stopping highlighters. I’m sure 2018 will bring even more interesting and creative trends. So, let’s prepare our skins for the beauty adventures. Here are a few tips on how you can get and maintain baby soft skin with ingredients right from your fridge.
• Papaya paste: Everyone loves to look young, and that’s impossible without ensuring that one’s skin does not to show wrinkles. Papaya paste is your magic potion. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, carotenes and other phyto–nutrients that can fight any skin-damaging particles. Apply the paste on your face and body and let your skin soak in the nutrients for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with room-temperature water and feel your skin become baby soft.
• Honey and rose water: We are sure you cannot resist this simple aromatic mix. Combine the two liquids, mix well and apply over your face and neck. Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash the sticky paste off. bhtips.com says this acts as a natural bleach as well.
• Banana and milk: Banana and milk need not be just for the breakfast table; bring it to your beauty cabinet too. Combine mashed banana fruit with milk to make a paste and apply. Let it dry for 20 minutes and rinse off. You will be surprised with the result. For best results follow the routine twice a week.
• Exfoliate: Removing dead skin is almost half way to clean and soft skin. Instead of going for synthetic products in a can, create your own natural and organic scrub. Mix together sugar and olive oil and gently rub. This will make your skin soft and plump. For the best result, exfoliate once a week.
• Drink water: Drinking plenty of water has abundant benefits. It not only hydrates your body and skin, but it also flushes out any chemical residues and toxins in your body ensuing in natural, glowing skin.
Look forward to the escapades that 2018 will bring with glowing and healthy-looking skin.