You want to provide a wholesome, flavoursome home-cooked meal, but really, who has the time to get it all together?
It used to be that families sat down at the dinner table and ate their evening meal together.
These days, parents are juggling work and home while running kids to and fro various activities.
Because of all of these demands, it can be a struggle to find a recipe solution that meets your needs.
You want to provide a wholesome, flavoursome home-cooked meal, but really who has the time to get it all together?
Fortunately, there are alternatives that can make you feel good about what you’re serving, and which are not too time-consuming to prepare.
This week’s offering is made with the smooth, firm texture of No Yolks noodles, the No.1 brand of noodles in the US and Canada. Created in 1976, No Yolks noodles are the healthier alternative to regular egg noodles. They’re made with egg whites so they have no cholesterol and you can feel good about serving them.
* Family Features
One-Pot Creamy Noodles with Turkey Bacon & Peas
Total time: 15-20 mins
- 225g turkey bacon, diced
- 340g No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3-1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the turkey bacon for about five minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Discard all but two tablespoons of grease. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Add broth, the half and half, and uncooked noodles to the frying pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add the peas, Parmesan, turkey bacon and lemon juice to the frying pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until heated through.