With spring on the way, it’s time to sample some delectable desserts so lush your loved ones won’t be in a hurry to leave the table.
When the scent of fresh blooms begins to fill the air, it’s a sure sign that spring has sprung. It’s the perfect time of year to gather loved ones for a leisurely meal then linger over dessert as you enjoy the coming season.
No dessert menu is complete without an array of treats, and these creamy, homemade Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are the perfect way to put a sweet finishing touch to your celebrations. Or go for a crowd- pleaser with this Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert, which smacks of a smooth, velvety texture and plump, juicy cherries.
The secret ingredient in each of these desserts is Lucky Leaf Fruit Fillings, which are GMO-free and contain plenty of fruit – and no high-fructose corn syrup – for exceptional tasting desserts every time. With popular flavours like apple, blueberry, cherry and strawberry, you have plenty of convenient, versatile ways to dress up your desserts.
Find more tasty treats for all your spring entertaining at luckyleaf.com.
* Family Features
Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
Recipe courtesy of Inside BruCrew Life blog
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 30 vanilla cream-filled cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (225g each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 tbsp key lime zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- Green gel food colouring (optional)
- 1 can (600g) Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling, divided (or other pie filling)
- 1 container (225g) whipped topping, thawed
- Key lime slices (optional)
- Place a baking tray on the bottom rack of your oven. Fill it halfway with water. Heat the oven to 165C. Line a 22-by-33cm frying pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cookies until crumbly. Stir together the crumbs and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and sour cream, and beat again until smooth. Add the key lime juice, zest and flour, and beat until mixed thoroughly. Add eggs – one at a time – and beat gently after each one. Add green food colouring to the cheesecake mixture, if desired.
- Spread the cheesecake batter evenly over the crust in the pan. Add one cup of blueberry pie filling over the top of the cheesecake. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the pie filling into the cheesecake. Do not let the knife go through to the crust.
- Place the pan on the oven rack above the tray of water. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove immediately and place on a wire rack for one hour then place in the refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Cut into 24 squares and serve with whipped topping, the remaining pie filling and the key lime wedges.
Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling blog
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 454g whipped topping, divided
- 2 small boxes cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (454g) Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling (or other pie filling)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 175 C.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, finely-chopped pecans and the butter.
- Press into a 22-by-33cm baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. Mix until smooth and spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- Combine the cheesecake pudding mix, milk and 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping, and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer in the pan.
- Top with the pie filling, remaining whipped topping and chopped pecans.