Keeping our skin hydrated is essential for anti-ageing, writes Fatin al Zadjali.
Skin is our body’s largest organ and it also plays a vital role in regulating our body temperature. But it’s our face that is that is exposed to all of the elements – and keeping it hydrated is essential. Try these techniques to revitalise our facial skin and bodies.
- Honey! Honey has vital vitamins and minerals that nourish our skin and protect it from bacteria. Farmacy has a special Honey Potion antioxidant mask that hydrates our complexion.
Farmacy – Honey Potion, RO21.50 (Sephora Middle East)
- As we age, our eyes tend to lightly swell. Add a cooling evening eye cream to your skin-care routine. It brightens the area around your eyes, which you’ll notice in the morning.
Bioderma – Eye Contour Gel, RO7.5 (Muscat Pharmacy)
- With the changing weather, do not neglect your lips. Keep them hydrated and luscious.
Lush – Popcorn Lip Scrub, RO5 (Muscat City Centre)
- After a long day at work, remember to remove your make-up, which can block our pores and attract bacteria.
Nivea – Double Action Make-up Remover, RO4.5 (Muscat City Centre)
- Lastly, beauty gurus swear by electronic facial scrubs. The soft vibrating bristles cleanse the skin, removing all traces of dirt and dead skin. Top Tip: purchase the Foreo Luna Travel ack. It’s small, but just as effective!
Foreo Luna Travel pack, RO20 (Muscat City Centre)