Our skin does so much to protect us, but sometimes we’re not as kind to it as we should be. The experts at Kaya Skin Clinic tell us how to get your skin’s natural glow back
Tired skin is one of the most common side effects of our hectic schedules. While a face mask is a fantastic quick fix and a trip to the spa is a wonderful indulgence, there are plenty of every day ways to combat dull skin. Check out Y’s skincare tips and tricks to keep your complexion radiant:
- Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. Sun and air conditioning cause dryness, which is only exacerbated by a lack of fluid. Your body is made up of approximately 60 per cent water, so to keep your skin happy, drink up.
- As well as leaving us dehydrated, living in a sunny climate means our
skin is constantly exposed to UV rays, which can speed up damage and result in dull, tired skin. Use a foundation
or tinted moisturiser with an SPF to help combat daily exposure.
- Exfoliate. Removing the build up of dead skin cells will expose the brighter, fresher layer underneath, giving your face and body an instant lift.
- Moisturising after you exfoliate will help lock in the skin’s natural moisture and prevent it from becoming dry. Look for moisturisers containing ceramides, retinoids and vitamin C
- Get your 40 winks. Sleep is essential to helping the body rest and repair itself and that includes your skin. If you’re feeling tired, the chances are your skin is looking it.
Combining a healthy skincare routine with the treatments on offer at Kaya Skin Clinic will have your skin glowing in no time, inviting compliments and questions as to your beauty secrets from inquisitive friends and co-workers.
Q&A with dermatologist Dr Mona Saleh: Dull skin
Q. My skin is looking dull, dry and tired. I have a busy schedule and don’t always have time for a lengthy beauty routine. With an upcoming conference this weekend, I want to be looking as fresh as possible. What can you recommend to help give my skin a healthy, natural glow?
A. There are many things that can cause skin to look dry and dull, from dehydration to lack of sleep and general tiredness. For an instant pick-me-up, try Kaya’s Insta Brightening Micro-Mask. Full of natural ingredients, the silky gel is suitable for even the most sensitive skin and will easily get you the glow you’re after. The product is a result of extensive research that improves the texture of the skin by locking in the moisture your skin craves, making it soft and smooth. Application is easy and you should use the treatment every other day to ensure you always feel confident in your own skin.
Win with Kaya Skin Cinic
Busy lifestyles often leave us little time to look after ourselves properly, but with Kaya Skin Clinic’s Insta Brightening Micro-Mask you can achieve radiance in just 20 minutes!
We want you to tell us about an event that occurred for which you were unprepared. Perhaps your friends threw a surprise party after a busy week and you weren’t feeling as bright and beautiful as you could have. Any instance in which a 20-minute pick-me-up would’ve come in handy!
The best five anecdotes will win one of Kaya’s newly developed Insta Brightening Micro-Masks. Designed by dermatologists with natural ingredients, the transparent gel washes off easily, leaving behind silky smooth skin with a natural glow.
To be in with a chance of winning, send your skin stories to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on Y’s Facebook page and hashtag it with #OmanGlowingSkin